LAS VEGAS – Barry’s Downtown Prime, the luxe and secluded steakhouse at Circa Resort & Casino in downtown Las Vegas, has been shortlisted for best in both the Luxury and Hotel categories for the highly respected 2021 Restaurant & Bar Design Awards.
Renowned for its Vegas’ vintage glamour, outstanding hospitality and signature steakhouse cuisine, Barry’s Downtown Prime is helmed by Las Vegas-based Make It Happen Hospitality, LLC, including Chef Barry S. Dakake, Yassine Lyoubi, Marco Cicione and Donnie Rihn.
“We are so honored to be nominated for such an esteemed award,” said Chef Barry S. Dakake. “Our extraordinary team of designers at PUNCH Architecture captured our vision for the space and the vibe from the start. It embodies vintage Vegas meets modern glam.”
Occupying the entirety of Circa’s 16,000-square-foot basement level, Barry’s evokes a throwback vibe inspired by old school Las Vegas’ timeless appeal and alluring hospitality.
Designed by Las Vegas’ own PUNCH Architecture, the restaurant delivers the classic ambiance of the 1950s, 1960s and 1970s with modern touches that connect it aesthetically to Circa Resort & Casino.
Seductive navy and oxblood color tones fused with warm ebonized browns, white oak parquet floors, walnut millwork, burnished brass and moody antique mirrors define the space.
Inside Barry’s Downtown Prime
Designed with flexibility in mind to host up to 350 people, the dining rooms are reminiscent of iconic eateries of Las Vegas’ past. The rooms include:
- The Chef’s Table – Opulent marble and fine wines surround guests in this area, where the intimate spot can seat up to 12 diners.
- The Pioneer Club – The private lounge space can be booked on its own or combined with adjacent dining rooms, providing a place for cocktails, passed hors d’oeuvres or sit-down dinners. The room is decorated in deep reds, oranges and greens enveloping guests in a moody vibe.
- The Sultan’s Table – Bronze bovine busts, deep reds, and a jaw-dropping display of aged meats accentuate The Sultan’s Table, which can accommodate up to 12 seated guests.
- Garden Room – A picturesque olive tree illuminates this section of the main dining room. The Garden Room provides a sanctuary-like feel and can seat up to 24 guests.
- Sabre Room – Rich, velvet walls decorated with rare pieces of art punctuate the space, which can accommodate 20 people to dine comfortably in this secluded area.
- Fremont Room – This family style Fremont Room features plush chairs, vibrant color pops and can host up to 16 diners.
- Mint Room – Large booths adorned with mint and flower-patterned lanterns set the mood for this dining area for up to 36 people.
- Main St. Room – Barry’s largest room, The Main St. Room provides groups with the option to seat up to 52 guests and is divisible to accommodate large gatherings or smaller parties.
Barry’s other showstopping design elements include a glowing, three-dimensional rose in the foyer; over 40 works of art from local Las Vegas artists; a captivating and sexy bar lounge area with custom wall coverings, marble surfaces and a gold ceiling; and airy restrooms featuring custom ceilings, glowing amber tone light coves, pink onyx and black and white Calacatta stonework.
Barry’s Downtown Prime Design
PUNCH Architecture has become known for creating spaces conscientious of the impact the design makes on the surrounding environment. For Barry’s, the team created an ambiance in which glitz and glam meshes with raw elements to provide a den of classic cool.
PUNCH and the Barry’s team also recognizes the dedication of PUNCH’s lead architects on the project, Namyd Lyoubi and Zak Ostrowski; Alice O’Keefe, Circa’s Director of Design & Architecture; and dozens of team members and vendors for helping to bring the vision to life.
The coveted Restaurant & Bar Design Awards are an independent competition dedicated to showcasing excellence in hospitality design and have welcomed entries from more than 100 countries for over a decade.
The awards are judged by an international and well-respected panel consisting of 45 leading figures who work in design, architecture, hospitality, and lifestyle. The winners will be announced on Oct. 14, 2021.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- T-Bones Chophouse At Red Rock Casino Receives Kobe Beef Certification and Debuts New Menu Offerings - September 1, 2023
- “Wayne: Up Close And Personal” Residency Extended Into 2024 At Flamingo Las Vegas - September 1, 2023
- Legendary Peter Luger Steak House is Now Accepting Reservations at Caesars Palace - September 1, 2023