LAS VEGAS (April 4, 2022) – Let’s get ready to RHUM-BAR! One of the Strip’s most iconic cocktail destinations is ready to get the party started once again as Rhumbar Tropical Ultra Lounge opens at The Mirage April 20. The newly designed venue by BASILE Studio has transitioned into an ultra lounge, complete with a refreshed bar program, elevated culinary fare, refined cigar menu, and nightly entertainment. Whether sipping a specialty cocktail at the inside bar, meeting friends for a late-night snack, or people watching on the outdoor patio, Rhumbar will be THE place to see and be seen.
The venue’s playful color scheme of yellow, pink, and mint is complemented by opulent greenery and 70s-inspired prints and style that bring energy to the space. The indoor-outdoor lounge will provide an array of entertainment offerings, including live music and special event programming throughout the year.
Highlights of Rhumbar’s design and F&B program include:
Designed and fabricated by Southern California firm BASILE Studio, Rhumbar reflects an atmosphere of mid-century nightlife and elevated comfort. The striking palette of pink, ochre and brass begins indoors with a BASILE-built custom host stand fashioned from hot rolled steel and powder coated in the perfect shade of dusty rose. Covering the expanse of the room is a 40-foot linear polished brass bar accented by pink fluted tile, custom fabricated bar stools and a TV hidden behind dielectric gold mirror.
More signature breezeblock gives life to 1960s revelry as guests head outdoors for an alfresco party that never stops. The architectural showstoppers are eight BASILE-built custom steel umbrellas with hand-upholstered fringe detail, LED backlighting and pop-down planters. Additional cocktail areas offer an eclectic mix of custom-made lounge furniture reminiscent of the mid-century design period including “mod” pink bucket seats with brass piping and curved velvet banquettes.
On the far end, BASILE drew inspiration from mid-century architecture for the pink scallop bloom bar. Custom starburst tiles play off mint and brass bar stools while a vintage TV built into back-lit liquor shelving plays vintage music video loops. A custom DJ booth fashioned from a vintage 1960s media console will let the good times roll all day and night.
The new beverage menu offers a collection of specialty cocktails and large format classics. Conceptualized by MGM Resorts Executive Director of Beverage Julian Cox, cocktail highlights include:
• Surfrider Mai Tai, made with Bacardi 8 Year Old Rum, Avuá Cachaҫa, Myers Rum, Liquid Alchemist Orgeat, and pineapple juice
• 100 Foot Wave, a libation created with Coruba Dark Rum, Ron Del Barrilito 3 Star Rum, El Dorado 12-Year Old Rum, tangerine juice, lemon, and passionfruit puree
• Post Melon, handmade with Grey Goose Vodka, Midori, melon juice, simple syrup, and lime
• Violet Revolver, a large format cocktail crafted with The Botanist Gin, Liquid Alchemist Orgeat, Velvet Falernum, and passionfruit puree
• Kiwi…Do You Love Me? is a big batch libation made with blanco tequila, Liquid Alchemist Orgeat, kiwi, and pineapple
Guests looking for food offerings to complement their cocktails will be delighted with a variety of delicious menu items such as fresh vegetables and fruit, dips, sliders, desserts, and more.
Rhumbar Tropical Ultra Lounge is located in the South Entrance Walkway of The Mirage and will open from 4 p.m. until midnight Monday – Thursday, and 12 p.m. to 2 a.m. Friday and Saturday.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- T-Bones Chophouse At Red Rock Casino Receives Kobe Beef Certification and Debuts New Menu Offerings - September 1, 2023
- “Wayne: Up Close And Personal” Residency Extended Into 2024 At Flamingo Las Vegas - September 1, 2023
- Legendary Peter Luger Steak House is Now Accepting Reservations at Caesars Palace - September 1, 2023