LAS VEGAS – Las Vegas’ first 24/7 bacon-inspired restaurant concept, Bacon Nation, is now open! The restaurant celebrated its official grand opening at the D Las Vegas. There was a gathering showcasing the new space and exceptional menu offerings. Located on the casino’s recently renovated second floor, Bacon Nation was helmed by Downtown Hospitality Group (DHG) and is centered around a love for all things bacon.
With a menu created by local Chef Josh Green – renowned for his work at Skinny Fats and Greens and Proteins – Bacon Nation is home to a multitude of offerings including gourmet bacon flights with the choice of 13 unique flavors like tajin and everything bagel; Reverse BLTs, where crispy, weaved bacon acts as the bread; and a range of adult-style, alcohol-infused milkshakes.
Bacon Nation Concept
When creating this concept, our ultimate goal was to make a destination dining experience with a great vibe for breakfast, lunch, dinner and late-night meals,” said Abe Taylor, Co-Founder of Bacon Nation. “We are so proud of the final product and the dedication and care the team and Chef Green put in to making this restaurant a success.”
During the opening event, guests dined on a variety of Bacon Nation’s signature dishes including juicy New York strip steak; the D Burger featuring bacon-wrapped jalapenos and a secret sauce; bacon-wrapped pickle spears; melt-in-your-mouth mozzarella sticks; a velvety chocolate fountain with bacon, strawberries and bananas for dipping; and more.
Greg Costello, Co-Founder of Bacon Nation, said, “We want to thank everyone involved in bringing Bacon Nation to life. We are extremely excited to open this restaurant and offer a new 24/7 restaurant to Las Vegas locals and visitors.”
The grand opening soiree also included the launch of Bacon Nation’s private dining room, which can accommodate up to 24 seated guests and features a private draft beer area. The room is complete with four HD TVs that up the ante for any type of experience, whether it be a private event for March Hoops, Big Game or a birthday party.
Bacon Nation Menu Highlights
Those looking to dine at Bacon Nation can look forward to a menu of elevated dishes, many of which contain the fanciful cured meat in one of 13 house-made flavors. The menu spans everything from signature breakfast items to handheld sandwiches and burgers to classic dinner favorite entrees. A glimpse of Bacon Nation’s menu:
• Sweet and Savory Breakfast: Bacon Nation’s full menu is available all day, every day. Highlights include sweet and savory options like Famous French Toast Boxes, which are made fresh at the restaurant and served in a box formed entirely of French Toast. Flavors options are bacon, peanut butter and banana; sausage, bacon, egg and cheese; and razzle dazzle with vanilla ice cream, marshmallow fluff and fruity cereal.
• Small Plates and Appetizers: A Bacon Flight is a diner favorite, offering a choice of three flavors of bacon ranging from lemon pepper to tajin, black truffle, chocolate, black pepper, jalapeno, barbecue, honey sriracha or everything bagel. Other signature plates include Avocado Toast; Bacon-Wrapped Pickle Spears; Pork Belly Dippers that are served with thick cuts of meat and a variety of dipping sauces; and a Cobb salad with bacon sous vide, hard boiled eggs, chicken breast, avocado, crispy shallot, blue cheese crumble, chives and served with a selection of dressings.
• Handhelds, Sandwiches, Burgers, and The Like: Handhelds make up a large portion of Bacon Nation’s menu, with highlights like the Reverse BLT, a cheeky sandwich held together with layers of weaved bacon and a thick piece of handmade bread in between; the D Burger, comprised of a fresh angus beef patty, cheddar cheese, bacon-wrapped jalapenos, lettuce, tomato, onion and Bacon Nation’s secret sauce; and the Mac & Cheese Breakfast Taco that consists of a pancake filled with mac and cheese, sausage, bacon and eggs.
Classics And Desserts
• Classic Dinner Favorites: Bacon Nation’s entrée fare features options like Bone-In Pork Chops; Broiled Salmon; and a 14 oz. New York Steak dinner. A variety of other dishes like Country Fried Pork Tenderloin with biscuits and gravy; Jumbo Shrimp Scampi in a butter white wine garlic sauce; and an Italian-style Chicken Parm served with spaghetti also are available 24/7.
• “That’s All Folks” Desserts and Adult Milkshakes: Bacon Nation has no shortage of sweets and guests can finish their meal with a Maple-Bacon Cheesecake; Apple-Bacon Coffee Cake with apples, candied bacon and a bourbon-maple glaze; and a Bacon S’mores Skillet served with marshmallow fluff, candied bacon, whipped cream, caramel and chocolate sauces and topped with ice cream. Adult-style milkshakes include the Elvis Milkshake made with Screwball peanut butter whiskey and served with a deep-fried banana, peanut butter and bacon sandwich; and American Pie made of Crown Apple Canadian Whiskey and cinnamon swirls.
Bacon Nation To Go
Guests looking to take Bacon Nation home or to their hotel room can order online using the restaurant’s unique to-go system. Using technology new to downtown Las Vegas, Bacon Nation utilizes heated/refrigerated lockers for guests to pick up to-go orders with no hassle, and no lines. After placing their order online or via phone, guests receive a suggested pick-up time and a code to open a specific locker, where their meal will be ready for an easy and seamless pick-up.
Bacon Nation Team
The restaurant can seat 120 guests in the main dining room and was designed by international design firm PGAL and houses brick walls, comfortable leather booth seating, an open kitchen, white marble accents, and rich woods.
Bacon Nation is part of the D Las Vegas’ new second floor expansion, which includes a remodeled casino floor; expansion of its Canadian-themed sports bar, BarCanada; and revamped KENO and high-limit areas. The world’s only original Sigma Derby horse-racing game, where coin-operated horses excite visitors across the globe, also calls the D’s second floor casino home.
DHG has been a key player in the downtown Las Vegas area with popular concepts, including 18Bin – a restaurant and bar located in the heart of the Arts District. The group prides itself on creating fresh and relevant experiences, delivering unique bar and restaurant concepts, and providing exceptional service to their guests.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- T-Bones Chophouse At Red Rock Casino Receives Kobe Beef Certification and Debuts New Menu Offerings - September 1, 2023
- “Wayne: Up Close And Personal” Residency Extended Into 2024 At Flamingo Las Vegas - September 1, 2023
- Legendary Peter Luger Steak House is Now Accepting Reservations at Caesars Palace - September 1, 2023