Earlier this week Dr. Dave Schwartz released a research paper on Sportbook income in Nevada. While there was little new, or surprising, information the data is always fun to look at.
Sportsbooks win the most money from betting on basketball and make the least from baseball. Here’s the data.
- Average casino win percentage on baseball since 1992: 3.01%
- Average casino win percentage on football since 1992: 4.53%
- Average casino win percentage on basketball since 1992: 4.69%
The baseball season is long and not very popular so it takes a back seat to the more popular sports in the sportsbook. That lack of focus on baseball leaves it vulnerable to smart bettors who have the patience and stamina for the entire season so that they can prey on bad lines.
This serves more as a reminder to me, but it’s a good excuse to not slack on that baseball research. There’s much more information on sportsbooks in Nevada on the full report. I’ll be pulling the items I find most interesting and sharing them throughout the week.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- Enjoying Pai Gow Poker On The Vegas Strip - December 4, 2019
- Legendary Rock Band The Who Announce Six Shows At The Colosseum At Caesars Palace May 5 – 16, 2020 - December 4, 2019
- Enjoying The Holiday Season In Las Vegas - December 3, 2019