I’m slightly neurotic and that has it’s upside and downside. It comes in handy when I travel as I plan things pretty well. With a trip to Las Vegas coming up I thought I’d share how I pack in less than 10 minutes.
- Send out dry cleaning 2 weeks in advance. This gives ample time for it to be ready and for me to pick up. I usually wear button down shirts, shorts and slacks, so this covers most of my clothes.
- Do a load of laundry of only clothes I plan on bringing with me the weekend before I leave. I wash and fold underwear and socks while putting shirts on hangers.
- Keep as much clothes on hangers as possible. This minimizes folding time.
- Map out what I want to wear by day. I don’t actually follow the map, but this guide allows me to know exactly what to pack. See example below.
- Use same toiletries. I just switch this from bag to bag depending on trip.
Here’s an example of my pack list (w/shorthand):
All in all, a little preparation goes a long way in packing quickly. Having everything folded and on hangers in advance speeds up the process immensely. I place all hanger items to be folded over once. This limits fold marks too which is nice. I also have multiple phone chargers toiletries so packing goes even quicker for me.
I’m up for ideas on how to speed up the process.
Update: I forgot to mention that socks go inside shoes and that everything not on hangers gets packed the night before. This splits the time to about 80/20 as it takes a few minutes to fold the clothes on hangers.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- Las Vegas IV Therapy - July 22, 2019
- Vegas News | Cosmopolitan Gives, Circa Progresses and Downtown Grand Upgrades - July 21, 2019
- What are Laurel Lounges in Las Vegas? - July 18, 2019