LAS VEGAS (March 11, 2021) – As springtime emerges, flowers begin blooming, birds start chirping and the crisp, yet warm, breeze provides a refreshing boost to the Las Vegas air. ARIA Resort & Casino’s spring lobby experience reflects the season’s renewed energy with its “Take Flight” display featuring hot air balloons with a soaring twist.
Designed by MGM Resorts Events Production in collaboration with ARIA’s Horticulture and Special Events teams, the lobby display features five hot air balloons floating under a “sky” made of vibrant shades of blue and turquoise fabric. Complementing the brightly colored balloons are six exquisite oversized birds, soaring above a grove of Ficus trees and floral beds in hues of red, yellow, pink and orange. Guests can capture their own spring renewal by immersing themselves in a photo moment inside one of the hot air balloon nests.
Other springtime touches found throughout the resort include 15 smaller hot air balloons displayed in ARIA’s North Valet Lobby. Each of the balloons, scaled-down in size from their main lobby counterparts, incorporate handcrafted seasonal symbols such as an umbrella with rain boots; a flower truck bursting with a colorful floral delivery; and a flower pot filled with sunflowers, as well as 12 other fantastical designs.
Additionally, an art installation designed exclusively for ARIA and titled Unexpected Convergence by Living Edge, a local team comprised of artist Aundrea Frahm and floral artist Shino Mullen, will be on display adjacent to the ARIA Patisserie March 16 through May 31. Created with layered mirror acrylic resembling a glass lake that collides into a wave of jewel-toned silk floral, the beautiful installation evokes the crashing of seasons as the world moves from winter to spring.
ARIA Lobby “Take Flight” Spring Display By The Numbers
• 22 hot air balloons
• 15 feet – the height of the tallest hot air balloon
• 4,000 feet of fabric used to create the “sky”
• 50 bundles of willow used to create the nests
• 15 custom-made spring designs in the North Valet Lobby balloons
• 6 hand-sculpted birds in the Main Lobby
• Over 100 hours designing and creating the display
• 35 employees from ARIA and MGM Resorts Events Production conceptualizing and executing the design
• 1,000 kalanchoe flowers in red, yellow, pink and orange hues
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- Zouk Group Announces Tiësto As Resident DJ At Resorts World Las Vegas - April 15, 2021
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie Las Vegas Set to Open at the Harmon Corner Summer 2021 - April 15, 2021
- Bally’s To Acquire Tropicana Las Vegas Hotel And Casino - April 13, 2021