Las Vegas – Today, Life Is Beautiful announces its highly anticipated return to Downtown Las Vegas – Friday, Sept. 18 through Sunday, Sept. 20 – for the 2020 edition of Las Vegas’ premier music, arts, culinary and comedy festival. For the eighth year in a row, Life Is Beautiful will take over 18 city blocks of the urban streets of Downtown Las Vegas for three nights of unparalleled talent, world-renowned culinary offerings, experiential artists and more.
“It’s a good day when you get to announce the return of Life Is Beautiful,” said CEO of Life Is Beautiful, Justin Weniger. “Each year, we look forward to aiding the positive transformation of our community and infusing art and culture into the vibrant walls of Downtown Las Vegas. We are very excited to be back again for the 2020 edition of the festival and already have some great things in store.”
Ahead of Life Is Beautiful 2020, festivalgoers will have the chance to win two VIP festival tickets when they RSVP, here. In addition, those who RSVP will be the first to receive Life Is Beautiful on-sale updates, lineup details and exclusive festival information.
In 2019, over 170,000 festival attendees were treated to a weekend full of experiences driven by community transformation and individual empowerment; including, world class artists, celebrated chefs, interactive art installations, comedy and more. Artists such as Toto, Chance The Rapper, Billie Eilish, Rae Sremmurd, Vampire Weekend and more put on performances of a lifetime across four vibrant stages, with an unforgettable closing performance at the Downtown Stage by world-renowned artist Post Malone. Fans danced along to Malone’s latest album hits such as “Hollywood’s Bleeding” and “Saint-Tropez” and longtime fan favorites, “Candy Paint,” “Rockstar,” “Congratulations” and more.
Press release: LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL Music & Arts Festival continues to expand and evolve. Now in its seventh year, the festival — which takes over Downtown Las Vegas from September 20-22 with headliners Chance the Rapper, Black Keys, Post Malone, Billie Eilish, and Vampire Weekend — is proud to unveil the full line up for The Kicker, Comedy & More featuring a collection of some of the top comedians and pop culture stars in the industry including headliner Fred Armisen, host of “You Up” Nikki Glaser and SNL hot-shot Chris Redd. Also joining the lineup this year is the winner of the second season of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars, Alaska Thunderfuck, along with live podcast recording of Off The Vine with Kaitlyn Bristowe of Bachelorette nation. Already announced IDEAS acts Jonathan Van Ness and Desus & Mero will also be making guest appearances at The Kicker throughout the weekend.
The 2019 Festival will continue its mission of connecting all aspects of art and entertainment to create an experience unlike any other. The Kicker will feature 15+ comedy and variety show acts and podcasts including live artist-to-artist conversations with Talkhouse Live, the subversive and hilarious variety show Gayme Show! hosted by NYC comedians Dave Mizzoni and Matt Rogers. After the shows close, get ready for The Emo Night Tour, a DJ-driven dance party that will bring back all the songs (and feelings) from your teenage years.
The Kicker is an experience open to all festival goers and is housed on-site at Venue Vegas.
The Kicker’s Comedy Lineup Includes:
• Fred Armisen, is an American actor, comedian, writer, producer and musician best known as a cast member on Saturday Night Live from 2002 until 2013.
• Nikki Glaser, one of the most sought-after young comedians in the comedy world today. Most-recently she created, executive produced and starred in her Comedy Central series Not Safe with Nikki Glaser, which was also Comedy Central’s first series to be introduced and developed across multiple platforms. She’s made multiple memorable appearances including Inside Amy Schumer, The Roast of Rob Lowe, and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
• Chris Redd, just wrapped his second season on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE hot off of winning an Emmy for the original song COME BACK BARACK. Previously, he starred alongside Kathy Bates in Chuck Lorre’s Netflix series DISJOINTED. He made his big screen debut in the Judd Apatow/Lonely Island film POPSTAR: NEVER STOP NEVER STOPPING, and he reteamed with Apatow for his Netflix series LOVE. His other credits include DETROITERS, WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER, the Netflix feature films A FUTILE & STUPID GESTURE and HANDSOME, and the independent feature film DEEP MURDER. His debut half-hour stand-up special premiered on Comedy Central in 2017, and his debut comedy album BUT HERE WE ARE was released this year.
• Kaitlyn Bristowe, Why not, let’s do it live! Off the Vine is coming to Vegas! Kaitlyn is bringing together everyone’s favorite things …the podcast, dancing, her closest pals, dews, and…wine, of course!
• ALASKA THUNDERFUCK, Crazy little woman in a one-man show. Winner of the fifth season of Logo TV’s RuPaul’s Drag Race in January 2013.
• Christina P, is a stand-up comedian, writer, TV personality and podcast host. She has two Netflix specials, The Degenerates and Christina P: Mother Inferior. The Degenerates was filmed in Las Vegas. Christina discusses the upside of getting older and the Me Too movement. Her one-hour stand-up special, Christina P: Mother Inferior, filmed at the Showbox in Seattle, debuted to rave reviews. Christina discusses the realities of motherhood, marriage and her own childhood.
• Naomi Ekperigin, a comedian and writer with credits including multiple seasons of Broad City, HBO’s Mrs. Fletcher and NBC’s Great News. She’s performed stand-up on Late Night with Seth Myers and HBO’s 2 Dope Queens Special, and is a co-host of the popular live show and podcast Couples Therapy.
• Shane Torres, a Comedy Cellar regular and touring stand-up comedian, writer, host and actor. Shane’s Comedy Central half hour special and album Established 1981 is available now and his Comedy Central digital series Shane Torres Conquers Your Fears premieres this year. He’s appeared performing on Conan, Night Train and The Guest List, and also performed on NBC’s Last Comic Standing.
• Yamaneika Saunders, is a stand-up comedian, writer, and actress known for her work as a panelist on The Meredith Vieira Show and lead roles on Oxygen’s Funny Girls and Comedy Central’s In Security. Yam has appeared on HBO’s Crashing, truTV’s Comedy Knockout and Laff Mobb’s Laff Tracks, TV Land’s The Jim Gaffigan Show, A&E’s Black and White, Comedy Central’s The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore, and This Is Not Happening, Seeso’s What’s Your F@#Cking Deal?!?!, NBC’s Last Comic Standing, and as a recurring correspondent on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Yamaneika has performed at the Just For Laughs festival in Montreal, The Half Hour on Comedy Central, and recently filmed a half-hour stand-up special for Netflix. Yam currently stars on VH1’s Talk 30 To Me and Bravo’s Kandi Koated Nights. You can listen to her weekly on her hit podcast Rantin’ and Ravin’.
• Gayme Show! with Matt Rogers and Dave Mizzoni, join gay ass hosts Dave Mizzoni and Matt Rogers as they gay up the straights through games and trivia. Ever talk to a straight guy and think, “Jesus Christ you’re boring!” ? Two straight men enter the arena, but only one leaves with the title of Queen of the Straights. Lifelines include a Woman Who Gets It and a Wise Queer. Come witness the ultimate test of who Is honorarily GAY AS FUCK! (and guys, that’s a good thing!)test of who Is honorarily GAY AS FUCK! (and guys, that’s a good thing!)
• Talkhouse (Live), Talkhouse curates musicians, actors, filmmakers, and others in their respective fields to speak one-on-one with their peers via the Talkhouse Podcast and Talkhouse Live events. The Talkhouse Podcast offers listeners a unique insight into the creative work of creators across all genres and generations.
• Josh Gondelman, is a writer and comedian who incubated in Boston before moving to New York City, where he currently lives and works as a writer and producer for Desus and Mero on Showtime. Previously, he spent five years at Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, first as a web producer and then as a staff writer. Onstage, Josh charms audiences using his good-natured storytelling and cracks them up with his sharp, pointy wit. He takes topics from surprise parties to his experience teaching preschool and makes them all equally hilarious. He made his network tv debut on Late Night With Seth Meyers (NBC) and he was most recently seen on The Late Late Show with James Corden.
• Moses Storm, Moses is a talented comedian and actor who can be seen on the upcoming NBC comedy SUNNYSIDE, from Mike Schur and Kal Penn. On television, you may have seen him in I’M DYING UP HERE on Showtime, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT for Netflix and THIS IS US on NBC. Film credits include the 2015 high-concept Universal horror film UNFRIENDED, and the Adam Sandler Netflix film FATHER OF THE YEAR. In late night, he has appeared twice as a performer on CONAN, including one visit where he was both the performer and only guest for the evening. He hosts Conan O’Brien’s live variety show ‘Team Coco’s Up & Up’ at the Dynasty Typewriter Theater in LA and joined Conan for his first multi city live tour in 8 years in late 2018 titled the “Team Coco Presents Conan & Friends: An Evening of Stand-Up and Investment Tips.” In 2015, he had the prestigious honor of being chosen as a “New Face” at the Just for Laughs comedy festival in Montreal.
• Molly Austin, a writer/performer and stand-up, Molly Austin broke into the comedy zeitgeist with her comedic music videos on TruTV’s Late Night Snacks. In 2018, Molly was one of 14 stand-ups selected for Comedy Central’s UP NEXT at Clusterfest. She can also be seen as one of the stand-up comics on this past season of LAFF MOBB’S LAFF TRACKS and was recently a writer and producer on VICELAND’S evening talk show, VICE LIVE. She recorded her first comedy album this June in New York City.
• Bo Johnson, is a comedian from Seattle, Washington. His stand up appeared on season two of Kevin Hart Presents: Hart of the City on Comedy Central. In 2018 he taped a set for LOL Live! at the prestigious Just For Laughs comedy festival in Montreal. Bo was a featured performer in the 2017 and 2018 Bumbershoot Music & Arts Festival, a finalist in the 39th annual Seattle International Comedy Competition, and a performer in the Double Down Comedy Experience sponsored by Zappos. His prank video “Bo and Mathew Sneak into a Movie Theatre” went viral on Youtube and has also been seen on MTV’s Ridiculousness and NBC’s Caught on Camera with Nick Cannon.
• The Emo Night Tour, imagine going to a show and hearing Taking Back Sunday,Fall Out Boy , Panic! At The Disco, My Chemical Romanceand many more, all only playing their Best Songs…ALL Night Long. Welcome to The Emo Night Tour.The Emo Night DJ’s will be spinning all the angst your teenage dirtbag heart desires all night long and will make you feel like you’re at Warped Tour ‘08 minus all the dust and melting in the sun!
IDEAS Lineup Includes:
• Jonathan Van Ness, an Emmy-nominated television personality, podcaster and celebrity hairstylist who can be seen starring on Netflix’s Emmy Award-winning reboot series Queer Eye. His biweekly podcast, “Getting Curious” was listed as one of the Top Podcasts of 2018 by Time Magazine and recently won the iHeart Radio Award for Best LGBTQ Podcast. This year he embarked on his first worldwide comedy tour, and is set to release his revelatory memoir Over The Top next month.
• Desus & Mero, also known as The Bodega Boys, are former Bronx schoolmates who have taken over the podcast world and more-recently, the late-night television game with their new weekly show on Showtime, the network’s first late-night program. The duo also contributed their voices to the Netflix animated series Neo Yokio alongside Jaden Smith, Susan Sarandon and Jude Law.
• Pod Save America, a critically-acclaimed and widely celebrated podcast combining humor and politics hosted by Crooked Media co-founders and former Obama Administration employees Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, Tommy Vietor and Dan Pfeiffer.
One of the signs that I’m getting older is that I’m more excited by a music and arts festival announcing their culinary segment than I was about the music portion. The Life is Beautiful fest in Downtown Vegas announced their food and beverage segment and it sounds awesome.
There are definitely some groups I’d enjoy watching like Run The Jewels, Duran Duran and Kendrick Lamar but they don’t really move me. I have spotify playlists for that.
I can’t imagine anything would rule more than having a couple of great drinks outside and under the stars while watching Stevie Wonder perform with Downtown Vegas as a backdrop. Whoa, I just got chills writing that. Maybe I should do something about it. 🙂
Here is what the Life Is Beautiful Culinary Experience will have for the eaters and drinkers:
Craft Beer Garden Curated by Michael Shetler, guests 21 and older will savor a top-notch beer selection at the Craft Beer Garden, situated at the Ambassador Stage. 24 craft beers will be available including Alpine Beer Company, Ballast Point, Bohemia, Green Flash, Gulden Draak, Hofbräu, Left Hand, Original Sin Hard Cider, Oskar Blues, Rogue, Santa Fe, Seattle Cider, Shiner Bock, Stiegl, Tenaya Creek and Trumer Pils. There will also be 15 restaurant booths and four food trucks in the surrounding areas for quick bites to accompany a guests’ cold beer. Culinary Villages The popular Culinary Village experience will increase in size and flavors this year, seamlessly fusing with the overall festival landscape, featuring culinary displays installed at three of the festival’s music stages. Guests will enjoy spectacular vantage points while feasting on gourmet food from the best local restaurants that Las Vegas has to offer. Vegan, vegetarian and gluten-free options will also be available throughout the festival. Cocktail Program Guests 21 and older will have the opportunity to sample a wide-selection of curated, handcrafted pairings of beer, wine and spirits from some of the world’s most distinguished mixologists, wine makers and brewers courtesy of Wirtz Beverage. Unlike any other music festival, attendees can choose from over 35 specialty cocktails and over 25 craft wine and beer selections. Ketel One Dutch Mule, alongside a selection of frozen cocktails including The Frozen Minty, Milagro Margarita, Yoghurt Stand and The Banana Slip. Sponsors and Partners include Wirtz Beverage Nevada, Dos Equis, Ketel One, Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Whiskey, Milagro, Fernet-Branca. Pop Up Culinary Demonstrations Daily interactive pop-up culinary demos will be performed in the VIP area of the Downtown Stage with a live stream for festival attendees to experience. There will be three cooking expositions and two mixology segments preformed daily. The chef lineup for this intimate demonstration experience include Kim Canteenwalla, Elizabeth Blau, Duff Goldman, Hubert Keller, Sam Marvin, Rick Moonen, Carla Pellegrino, Steve Samson, Adam Sobel, and John Tesar. The mixology lineup includes Eric Hay, Andrew Pollard, Jaime Salas, Ricky Gomez, and Willy Shine. VIP Offerings Hometown favorite, Hearthstone Kitchen & Cellar will be the exclusive cuisine only available for purchase by those who have VIP wristbands.
My musical taste has been questioned my whole life. I never really cared about music growing up but hearing Pantera, Goo Goo Dolls and Soundgarden in college for the first time opened my eyes to music that wasn’t on the radio. From that point forward my taste in music has been a little off the wall. I find equal enjoyment from Britney Spears, EPMD, Pantera, Pitbull and Martyr AD.
Last night the lineup for the Life is Beautiful festival to take place in downtown Vegas was announced to a lot of fanfare.
Headlining this year’s festival, which will take place on October 26th and 27th in Downtown Las Vegas, will be two locally grown acts—The Killers and Imagine Dragons. Also, headlining will be Grammy-winners Kings of Leon and Beck. Childish Gambino, Jurassic 5, Passion Pit, and many others round out the roster.
The headlining bands of the Life Is Beautiful lineup is great if you like rock/pop radio. The great news for the music lineup at Life Is Beautiful is that like many festivals it’s complimented by a slew of lesser known bands like Portugal The Man and Youngblood Hawke that could steal the show. Click the image to view full list of bands.
Life Is Beautiful will take place all over Downtown Vegas and include food from celebrity chefs and artists from a variety of Vegas shows. Much like Coachella and the other large festivals the bands are just part of the overall experience. Life Is Beautiful provides a great excuse to spend a weekend downtown to enjoy music, food and art.
Pro Tip: If you plan on going get a room at El Cortez. Many (if not all) of the events will be happening away from the Fremont Street Experience canopy.
Ticket packages will cost between $100 and $350 and go on sale this Friday. Follow @lifeisbeautiful for updates and more information. The Life Is Beautiful website isn’t very “share friendly” so head there for more details.