Unlike others, I have no special attachment or memories of the Sahara. Last week I took my last visit and it was more depressing than anything else. Instead of making up some kind of romance about the place, I’ll pass on a few more articles looking back and looking at the last days of the casino.
- “With the Sahara closing, the Stratosphere faces an identity crisis” – Las Vegas Weekly
- “Sahara isn’t so much closing as ebbing away” – Las Vegas Sun
- “Timeline of Sahara highlights” – Las Vegas Review Journal
- “The Sahara Hotel in Vegas is Closing? Say It Ain’t So!” – Reuters
- “Last call for ‘Old Vegas’ experience at Sahara Casino” – KTNV
- “Sahara offers last goodbyes after nearly 60 years” – Las Vegas Review Journal
- “So Long, Sahara (1952 – 2011)” – Solo Vegas
This won’t be the last we hear about Sahara since its future is in limbo. Look for little bits of new to dribble out in the upcoming months and years.