It’s being reported that the SLS Las Vegas will be breaking ground today on the sight of where the Sahara once stood. Well, Sahara still stands but it’s not open. I’m still not sure that the SLS will ever be built and I’ll believe it when I see it.
I hope this casino does happen because I like new shiny things in Vegas. I’m conflicted on the reality of this so I’ll do a quick roundup of articles about the hotel instead.
- Closed Casino Banks on U.S. Program – The Wall Street Journal highlights how the hotel will be funded. SBE raised half the money for SLS Las Vegas and will get government loans to fill the rest of the money needed to get started. This feels super sketchy.
- SBE Entertainment secures last of $415 million in financing for Sahara – The Las Vegas Review Journal writes nothing original, just what SBE tells them.
- Press Release – Here’s the word about SLS from the mouth of SBE.
- SLS Las Vegas: Funding for Green Cards – Last November The Rate Vegas blog detailed how the EB-5 government loans would work.
- SLS Renderings – VegasTripping has a host of renderings of what the casino could look like if it’s ever built.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- Jerry Seinfeld Returns To The Colosseum At Caesars Palace In Spring Of 2020 With Four Shows - November 12, 2019
- Getting The Most From Video Poker Bars In Vegas - November 12, 2019
- Gordon Ramsay Steak Debuts New Design and Menu at Paris Las Vegas - November 12, 2019