This morning I was asked what a Sinatra Smash is so I figured I’d take a moment to share with everyone. While I drink, I’ve never had a Sinatra Smash, which is a boozy drink served at Wynn Las Vegas. It’s a berry drink that lots of people love. Below is a recipe from a Wynn newsletter.
- 5-6 fresh blackberries
- 2 oz. fresh sweet & sour*
- ⅓ oz. Sonoma Vanilla Infused Simple Syrup
- ¾ oz. Briotett Créme de Cassis
- 2 oz. Gentleman Jack Tennessee Whiskey
I’m not much of a whiskey drinker, even if the taste is faint. (I feel the same about Tequila.) However, I love berries. The newsletter gives more explanation how to make a Sinatra Smash.
In a cocktail shaker, muddle the blackberries with the sweet & sour. Add the remaining ingredients and shake with ice until chilled. Strain over cracked ice in an old fashioned glass. Garnish with a beautiful mint sprig.
*Fresh Sweet & Sour: Cut fresh lemons in half and extract the fresh juice. Strain. Combine equal parts of freshly squeezed and strained lemon juice with simple syrup (*see recipe below). Stir to combine. Cover and refrigerate until ready for use. Expires in 7 days.
To make simple syrup, dissolve equal amounts of granulated sugar and boiling water, allow to cool.
The picture above from Five Hundy’s flickr, doesn’t look very creamy but I don’t like mixing cream or sugar in my drinks. Add whiskey to the mix and you have a cocktail that has little appeal to me.
I’d rather take fresh berries and add them to a glass of Belvedere vodka. In fact, next time I’m at Wynn I think I’ll do that.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- Now Open: Circa Resort & Casino Debuts Hotel Tower & Legacy Club Rooftop Lounge - December 28, 2020
- Vegas’ New Rooftop Lounge – Legacy Club at Circa – Now Accepting Reservations - December 23, 2020
- The Plaza Hotel & Casino announces Greyhound station redevelopment and Symphony Park connectivity projects - December 2, 2020