Christian Goode, the top executive for the planned $4 billion Resorts World Las Vegas development, has departed the project, the company said Wednesday.
That’s not a good sign but construction was supposed to be underway so maybe this is just a bump in the road. Well, not quite.
In an email, Genting Vice President of Corporate Communications Michael Levoff said the company hopes to break ground on the development between April and June.
Resorts World Las Vegas is now behind schedule by at least one year. Their projected 2-3 year construction means that Resorts World Las Vegas won’t open until 2017 or 2018 at the earliest.
Genting was having a lot of success with their overseas casinos but that run ended last year as the Asian gambling market began to soften. I’ll have to relax on my excitement for Resorts World Las Vegas. We can discuss when construction actually begins.