This is my third time at the Global Gaming Expo (G2E) and I always forget some basics about the conference so I figured I might as well prepare for next year and let other people know some smart tips ongetting to G2E at The Venetian and navigating once you’re there.
- Arrive Early – G2E is the most busy convention of the year at Venetian since many people in the casino and gaming business are from Las Vegas. This makes parking a premium at The Venetian.
- Use Valet at The Venetian – If you’re going to park at The Venetian use the valet located in the parking garage. This will save time looking for a spot. It will also save you time looking for a space and when you leave. It took me about 20 minutes to navigate out of the parking lot yesterday.
- Park at The Palazzo – If you’re hell bent on not using the valet then park at The Palazzo. The walk from the garage to the Sands Expo Center is maybe two minutes longer, but there’s much less traffic.
- Enter and Exit From The Rear – The main entrance is a cluster after 9am. The entrance from Koval has less traffic coming in and less chaotic leaving.
- Wear Comfortable Shoes – The expo floor is huge and you’ll walk a lot. I saw at least three women walking barefoot and carrying their heels by 1pm. Don’t be that girl.
- Beware Contradictory Policies – Even if you’re considered press it doesn’t mean you have typical press access. Security is instructed not to allow pictures or video. That’s controlled by the employees of the companies. Make a friend and they’ll let you take pictures. It’s annoying and counterintuitive, but that’s the deal.
- Blend In – You can take pictures with your phone if you seem like you belong there. Again, counterintuitive but that’s the deal.
- Don’t Be Scrrrrd – Like every conference some panels are better then others. If you’re not into it then just walk out.
- First Food & Bar – This is a great restaurant and it’s kind of hidden in the Grand Canal Shops. Not a lot of people are aware of it since it’s not easily seen. Good food and great meeting spot.
This is a really well run conference, but the amount of people can seem overwhelming. A little preparation saves time and lessens frustration. Hopefully I’ll remember all of this next year.
**Update: arrive before noon for valet, both The Venetian & The Palazzo are only allowing hotels guests in the afternoon.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- MJ LIVE returns to thrill audiences at The STRAT starting Wed., Nov. 4 - October 23, 2020
- Virgin Hotels Las Vegas Divulges Details on Outdoor Pool and Entertainment Complex - October 23, 2020
- New Restaurant, Amalfi by Bobby Flay, To Debut at Caesars Palace - October 23, 2020