Last week LVH was sold to Westgate. In turn the hotel formerly known as LVH, Hilton and International will now be known as Westgate Las Vegas Resort & Casino. The purchase price was somewhere around $180 million and the owner says that they will put more than twice that much into rehabbing the old property.
A lot of changes are planned for the new Westgate Las Vegas, here’s what you need to know:
- SuperBook renovations will include new TV screens and more.
- 100-200 rooms will close to be made into timeshare units. There may be more in the future. There will still be over 3,000 hotel rooms when the takeover is complete.
- Elvis‘ old penthouse villa will not be turned into a timeshare.
- Long term they plan to build another small timeshare only building.
- Edge Steakhouse is coming. Here’s a link to the Utah outpost.
- Vince Neil’s Tatuado Restaurant & Cantina will be expanded.
- Benihana should remain.
- Coffee Shop will be named Sid’s.
- There will be an Italian restaurant which is currently TBD.
- The pool will be renovated with cabana’s with a goal to create (another) day club.
- The Star Trek Experience space will be turned into a huge 80,000 square foot nightclub.
- They will offer golf cart shuttles to Las Vegas Convention Center next door.
- Target hotel guest: 30-60 mid-level gamblers. I guess the nightclub and day club are meant for non-guests.
- Navegante will continue to operate the casino. They will buy a boatload of new slot machines. Fingers crossed for sexy blackjack.
- Tempo Lounge will become a high limit gaming area.
- Shimmer Cabaret will be lounge with free entertainment.
- Timeline: Most changes within a year but will continue after.
Photo: Las Vegas Sun
UPDATE: Since you’ve asked, SuperContest will not be affected by the sale of LVH to Westgate.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- Enjoying Pai Gow Poker On The Vegas Strip - December 4, 2019
- Legendary Rock Band The Who Announce Six Shows At The Colosseum At Caesars Palace May 5 – 16, 2020 - December 4, 2019
- Enjoying The Holiday Season In Las Vegas - December 3, 2019