Las Vegas is like no other place in the world in every way for better and worse. Now that Caesars Entertainment has added resort fees to their hotel rooms it means that all but hotel one Vegas strip hotel has a resort fee. As I’ve said for years I’m more concerned with the final cost of my hotel room than a resort fee. With that in mind let’s look at the anatomy of what a hotel room will cost in Las Vegas.
- Room Fee – This is what is advertised as a your Las Vegas hotel room cost.
- Resort Fee – This is hidden and not part of the advertised fee. Sometimes you’ll only see this when you make final room reservations (This happened to me recently at the Silverton…THE DAMN SILVERTON!).
- Taxes – Vegas strip hotels add 12% tax to your bill.
In order to get the actual price of staying a night in Las Vegas you’ll have to add the advertised room fee + resort fee x .12 for taxes. Here are resources to find out what you’ll be paying for your next Las Vegas hotel room.
- Expedia – Compare Las Vegas hotel room costs.
- Vegas Chatter – Find the resort fee.
- Calculator – Multiply .12 for tax to the fees above.
I love me some math! Enjoy!
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- Two Sequential Royal Flushes hit at Red Rock Casino Over the Weekend - January 19, 2021
- Now Open: Circa Resort & Casino Debuts Hotel Tower & Legacy Club Rooftop Lounge - December 28, 2020
- Vegas’ New Rooftop Lounge – Legacy Club at Circa – Now Accepting Reservations - December 23, 2020