I tweeted a bunch of information that I found interesting during the conference call for the World Series of Poker today. I don’t play casino poker so my major takeaway may be different than most people on the call.
- $2 billion prize money WSOP
- New chairs!
- More tables!
- New carpet!
- Frisbee dog shows – Day of Millionaire Maker tournament.
- Opening day at Rio will include “rain”.
- 303 millionaires made at WSOP
- WSOP will not be played exclusively at Rio. Encouraging to play on WSOP.com.
- Will be able to deposit to WSOP.com from casino cage at Rio.
- Online players will be able to deposit at the cage. 100% up to $1000 bonus for 1st time depositors & reloads
- Will be players only cage.
- WSOP.com ambassadors throughout WSOP to help with signup/questions.
- Will be live streaming (on delay) of over 25 tournaments. Not sure where. Didn’t catch details
- Players be allowed to have laptops at WSOP tables so they can also play online
- Free wifi at convention center. Additional bandwidth for WSOP. Stage will be set up for players and will have its own wifi network to ensure access.
- Bracelet events online in future.
- Players can not wear headphones at final tables. Can play poker online when out of the hand. Cannot play online when cards are in front of them.
- Hotel reservations at Caesars hotels are up YOY.
- Registration for WSOP healthy.
- Expect Millionaire Maker to be huge.
- Main Event prize guaranteed to be $10mm. BOOM!
- Open Face Chinese Poker still not an official tournament. WSOP not comfortable with it.
- Last year’s winner purchased a house in Vegas. I haven’t seen him.
- Many people looking to play Big One are still raising funds. Not using their own money.
I’m sure I left something out so feel free to tweet or comment with any questions.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- Virgin Hotels Las Vegas to Open with No Resort Fees, Complimentary Self-Parking & Wi-Fi - February 26, 2021
- MGM Resorts Kicks Off 2021 Pool Season - February 26, 2021
- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas Unveils Unique Rooftop Pool Experiences With The Opening of the Pool District - February 26, 2021