Last week Howard Stutz at the Las Vegas Review Journal wrote an article called “New Life Being Breathed Into Local Gaming Market“. The article was more about how gaming revenue isn’t driving business on the Vegas Strip or the Vegas Locals market more than anything else. It’s an interesting read but then it jogged something in my head…
Over the past few months I’ve noticed that the casinos that market mostly to locals (Station and Boyd) have been very aggressive in gaining casino customers. While non-gaming revenue may be the future for the local casino operators they’re actively and aggressively pursuing gamblers today.
In the past month Boyd Casinos has been offering gamblers a few multipliers and special promotions. In June they’ve gone off the rails trying to attract gamblers.
- Every Day – 10% cash bonus on a Royal Flush in video poker. This is $100 on quarters.
- Tuesday – 11x B-Connected points on reel slot machines, 7x points on video poker.
- Wednesday – Up to 50x points. You have to swipe players club card to find out.
- Thursday, Friday, Saturday – 4 of a kind bonus (5-9) at casino bars. Bonus depends on denomination. I think it’s $20 in free play for quarters.
- Friday & Saturday – 15x points on Penny Reel slot machines, 11x points on Penny slot machines, 7x points on video poker.
These multipliers and bonuses are significant. They Royal Flush bonus is sweet cash. The 4 Of A Kind bonus gives you more money to gamble with on a future trip (the next day) and the multipliers make getting a comp bottle of wine much quicker.
I don’t gamble for comps but I’ll take them. Red Rock is still my local bar and the casino where I hang out most in the burbs but these multipliers and bonuses will make me think twice if I’m in the mood just to play some video poker.
Whether you’re a local or visiting will slot machine multipliers and video poker bonuses sway where you gamble?
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- Immersive Pop-Up Experience Happy Place Now Open At Mandalay Bay - August 23, 2019
- Football Key Numbers - August 22, 2019
- Beer Park to host football viewing parties - August 22, 2019