Let me ask you a few questions:
- Are you in Las Vegas?
- Do you want to kill a couple hours gambling with little risk?
- Would you like free booze?
- Do you still want the chance to win big?
If you answered yes to all four questions, then do I have the deal for you! The Cosmopolitan is currently offering a promotion that if you lose $100 anywhere in the casino during the day, they will give you another $100 in Identity play (Identity is their players club). At first this doesn’t sound spectacular until you understand how it works.
When you play with Identity play, you have to run through all the Identity play before it starts taking money away from your machine credits. That’s a key piece. So here’s how I played and what I recommend you do. Drop $100 in a video poker machine (try to find 8/5 or better)(ED: Check vpFREE). I was playing with people on a budget, so we played $.25 VP and max betting at $1.25. I eventually lost my $100, but after about 90 minutes of steady play and plenty of comped drinks. After I received my $100 in identity play, I went back to the video poker machines. Since Identity play must run out before credits are used, every credit I won was money back from my $100 I lost. After another 45 minutes or so, and several more comped drinks, I had run out of my identity play and was sitting with $85 in machine credit.
So that’s right. I played video poker for over 2 hours, had plenty of free cocktails, and ended up only $15 down. That’s not bad, especially when you consider that even with Identity play, you still have the chance to hit that one big hand… like my friend did. He lost that first $100, but hit a straight flush on the Identity play. Now that’s winning. So what are you waiting for? Head over to the Cosmo and take advantage of this while you can!
UPDATE: This is only available on machines – not table games. Just making sure we pass this on since it may not be obvious to all.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- Beating The Book: The 9th Annual Vegas Lifestyle Show: A Man’s Guide to Sin City - January 24, 2020
- Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Will Rock One Last Time During “The Las Great Party Weekend,” Jan. 30 – Feb. 2 - January 23, 2020
- Circa Resort & Casino in Las Vegas Reveals Restaurant Lineup Ahead of December 2020 Opening - January 22, 2020