Press release: LAS VEGAS – When Circa Resort & Casino opens its doors October 28, it will include the debut of Vegas’ newest steakhouse, Barry’s Downtown Prime. Created by Las Vegas’ own Chef Barry S. Dakake, Yassine Lyoubi, Marco Cicione and Donnie Rihn, the original concept will be defined by vintage glamour, outstanding service and Chef Dakake’s signature cuisine.
“We wanted to create an experience where the beef is sacred, the charm is old-fashioned and the cocktails are held to the highest standards,” said Chef Dakake. “From the moment guests walk through our doors, they will feel the fun in the atmosphere and see the care we’ve put into each dish we create. This isn’t just any old steakhouse, this is Barry’s.”
Housed in Circa’s secluded bottom floor, Barry’s will evoke a throwback vibe worthy of Downtown’s legacy. Visitors will be brought back to the classic cool of vintage Vegas – where great music and sounds of clinking martini glasses filled the air, the chef greeted you at the table, the bartender knew your favorite cocktail and everyone felt like a VIP.
Inspired by the timeless appeal of Vegas steakhouses, the seductive space will welcome guests via an underground elevator entrance situated directly beneath the larger-than-life restored Vegas Vickie neon sign in Circa’s lobby. Barry’s will feature navy and oxblood tones, warm brown and white oak parquet floors, walnut millwork throughout, burnished brass furnishings and moody antique mirrors. Comfortable booths upholstered with deep velvet jewel tones and rich leathers will be placed throughout the restaurant. A captivating bar lounge will be highlighted by custom wall coverings, marble surfaces and a glitzy, gold ceiling, adding just the right amount of vintage bling.
Showstopping design elements include an illuminated three-dimensional, rose-inspired ceiling and several curated art pieces by local Las Vegas artists, including commissioned work by Jelaine Faunce.
A Glimpse into Barry’s Downtown Prime:
Featuring photo-worthy tableside presentations, steakhouse staples, an elevated vegan menu and well-crafted cocktails, Barry’s Downtown Prime’s menu will include a range of offerings that showcase Chef Barry’s undeniable creativity.
• Decadent Starters – Guests can kick off their meal with appetizers such as the Surf & Turf Sushi Roll made with Maine lobster, peppered beef tenderloin, toasted sesame seeds and fire tartar sauce. Other highlights include a bountiful Chilled Shellfish Platter, delivering Maine lobster, king crab legs, East and West Coast oysters, shrimp cocktail bites, and an octopus and calamari salad, complemented by a spicy cocktail sauce and an apple cider mignonette.
• Signature Entrées – From steaks aged in-house to sumptuous seafood plates, guests will have a wealth of options. Barry’s Steak – the eatery’s signature cut – will present a 12-ounce Rib Cap meticulously roasted over fruitwood and 900-degree coals. Additional options will include a Tomahawk Ribeye and premium Japanese Wagyu Beef. The Organic Chicken “Mary’s Farm” plate offers a rustic meal topped with mushrooms sautéed in sage butter and a delicious prosciutto crisp. The indulgent Surf and Turf dinner features an 8-ounce filet mignon paired with Maine lobster and served with a homemade roasted garlic aioli and a red wine sauce. Seafood lovers can choose from several coastal creations, including the Sea Scallops sautéed with a Fresno chili-miso glaze and served with steamed bok choy, Napa cabbage and asparagus.
• Tableside Bites – Diners will be dazzled by a number of tableside presentations including Lobster Flambé, featuring an entire Maine lobster sautéed with rigatoni noodles and a pink vodka sauce. Chef Dakake’s twist on a Steak Diane will see a center cut rib-eye topped with a Worcestershire-brandy mushroom sauce and sliced before patron’s eyes. Dessert options include Baked Alaska Flambé served with strawberry ice cream and Italian meringue; and the Campfire S’mores, which are roasted in front of guests and finished with homemade vanilla ice cream.
• Vegan Delicacies – Barry’s will feature a top-notch vegan menu with some of the best plant-based dishes in town. The selection will include a Romanesco Broccoli Steak, prepared alongside grilled Moroccan olives, roasted peppers, toasted pine nuts and white raisins. The savory Vegetable Truffle Meatloaf will be cooked with roasted root vegetables and topped with a Rye whiskey mushroom gravy and fresh truffles, amongst other dishes.
• Indulgent Desserts – Visitors can choose from a selection of sweet treats including the Classic Crème Brûlée, topped with fresh berries and an orange pistachio biscotti; Barry’s Flourless Chocolate Cake, served with blood-orange sorbet; a variety of seasonal, homemade ice creams and sorbets; and more.
• Imaginative Cocktails – Noteworthy cocktails include the BDTP Old Fashioned prepared with rye whiskey, ginger and cherry bitters, cinnamon spice chocolate syrup and garnished with shaved chocolate and brandied cherries. The Watermelon Bees Knees combines Arancia gin and Yuzu liqueur with a light watermelon syrup, honey and lemon juice to create a memorable libation. The Moroccan Lavender Fields Forever cocktail will feature a refreshing combination of gin, Parfait Amour, lavender syrup, lemon and sparkling water.
Private Dining Areas
Barry’s layout is designed for flexibility, providing options for groups from eight to 350 people, ranging from playful entertainment areas with live performances to intimate booth seating under a beautiful olive tree.
Boasting more than 3,200 square feet of private and semi-private spaces, groups can enjoy a collection of multi-functional dining rooms named after iconic eateries of Las Vegas’ past:
• The Chef’s Table – Surrounded by a collection of luxurious marble and great wines, diners can live large with a VIP evening at the Chef’s Table. The intimate spot can seat up to 12 guests.
• The Pioneer Club – The Pioneer Club will provide a private lounge that can be booked on its own as a cocktail and passed hors d’oeuvres area, or combined with adjacent dining rooms for a private lounge experience followed by a sit-down dinner.
• The Sultan’s Table – Accentuated by deep reds, bronze bovine busts and an alluring display of aged meats, the Sultan’s Table can accommodate up to 12 seated guests.
• The Garden Room – Centered around a lush olive tree with glimmering lights in an enclosed section of the main dining room, the semi-private Garden Room can host up to 24 seated guests.
• The Sabre Room – Promising a secluded section to dine in style, the Sabre Room features rich, velvet seating in a space that can comfortably seat up to 16 guests.
• The Fremont Room – From family style seating to plush chairs, the Fremont Room can host up to 16 seated guests.
• The Mint Room – Comfortable booths and glowing, mint-colored lanterns set the mood in this dynamic dining area for up to 36 seated guests.
• The Main St. Room – The largest dining space available at Barry’s, the semi-private Main St. Room adds a uniquely intimate element to large gatherings, accommodating between 36-52 seated guests. The space can be combined with The Fremont Room as well as The Mint Room to accommodate even larger groups.
Chef de Cuisine Chef Patrick Hodge III
Joining the Barry’s culinary crew as Chef de Cuisine, Chef Patrick Hodge III will assist in bringing the team’s vision to life. With a degree from the Pennsylvania Institute of Culinary Arts, Chef Hodge began his career cooking alongside renowned Chef Charlie Palmer. He started with Dakake in 2001, where the two were able to establish N9NE Steakhouse as one of the city’s most sought-after dining destinations. After working in Boston for four years, Patrick was called back to his second home to become the newest member of the Barry’s Downtown Prime team when the property opens this fall.
Barry’s Downtown Prime will be open to dinner guests of all ages from 5 p.m. – 11 p.m. daily. Barry’s will begin accepting dinner reservations at www.BarrysDowntownPrime.com or directly via the RESY app.
The 1.25-million-square-foot Circa will include a stunning collection of rooms & suites, the world’s largest sportsbook, five original restaurant concepts, six unique beverage spots, Stadium Swim pool amphitheater operating 365 days a year, a high-tech parking garage dubbed “Garage Mahal, two-story casino and more.
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- A First-Time Guest at The Orleans Hits Nearly $250,000 Regional Linked Pai Gow Poker Progressive Jackpot - January 25, 2021
- Legendary Band Chicago To Return To The Venetian Las Vegas September 15, 17 and 18, 2021 - January 25, 2021
- Two Sequential Royal Flushes hit at Red Rock Casino Over the Weekend - January 19, 2021