I hope you’re enjoying your Labor Day Weekend. In a perfect world, you’re catching up on the news in and around Las Vegas while enjoying a little RnR. I’m still buzzing from my summer vacation so I’m ready for Tuesday. Say what?!
Press release: LAS VEGAS (August 29, 2019) – SAHARA Las Vegas has officially returned to the Las Vegas Strip.
The former SLS Las Vegas will now operate under the resort’s original, iconic brand name – SAHARA Las Vegas. Since Alex Meruelo purchased the property in April of last year, significant strides have been made in transforming the resort experience. Completed renovations within the $150 million resort overhaul include an updated casino floor featuring the stylish 24-hour CASBAR Lounge and the recently unveiled Infinity premium gaming lounge, renovated hotel rooms, suites and corridors, an upgraded spa and a soon-to-debut new hotel lobby. Major updates to the resort exterior continue as remodeling of the main porte cochère began earlier this week while a full renovation of the resort’s main pool is slated for later this fall. Additional updates include a refresh and new paint color for the building’s exterior along with soon-to-be installed marquee signage and lettering signaling the name change.
“The return of SAHARA Las Vegas to The Strip is significant for the city,” said Alex Meruelo, SAHARA Las Vegas owner. “The reimagining of this iconic resort will enable an enhanced guest experience that runs contrary to the megaresorts that have recently dominated the Las Vegas landscape. At SAHARA Las Vegas, guests will be greeted with a warm, customized experience set within a fully modern, dynamic resort. We know guests come to Las Vegas to create memories, and we plan to help them do just that in a beautifully curated, intimate resort experience with personalized services that make everyone feel special.”
Now, nearly a year into the resort’s more than $150 million transformation, guests can expect even further additions and upgrades to the property’s physical structure and guest amenities. Anticipated enhancements to the resort’s award-winning culinary program include the addition of the popular Philadelphia Eagles restaurant partner Chickie’s and Pete’s as well as soon-to-be-announced, new-to-Las Vegas fine dining concepts. Further additions will be made to the property’s entertainment and nightlife lineup. Announcements regarding these changes will be made in the coming months.
Debuting this fall, the new hotel lobby will offer top-tier guest amenities featuring state-of-the-art hotel registration systems and a well-appointed lounge. The exquisite modern design, with just a touch of nostalgia, includes floor inlays inspired by lamps from the original Sahara Hotel and Casino. A Starbucks will also open near registration this fall offering guests an assortment of specialty coffees and pastries.
Additional hotel enhancements include the redesign of the Blanca and Marra towers, which offer guests fully remodeled rooms as well as updated elevator lobbies and room corridors. Upgrades to the AAA Four Diamond Alexandria Tower include room enhancements and new services at the Amina Spa. The Alexandria Tower also offers a private valet entrance and dedicated hotel check-in.
The 60,000 square-foot casino floor received a remodeled design creating a bright, modern atmosphere with glamorous touches, a finished ceiling with upgraded lighting and new carpeting along with a new slot and table game layout. The addition of the stylish, 24-hour CASBAR lounge offers guests a selection of craft cocktails and inviting seating areas right off the casino floor, while Infinity, a sophisticated premium gaming lounge, appeals to the resort’s more serious gamers seeking a luxurious high-limit gaming experience. A new poker room, off the main casino floor, is expected to open later next year.
Pool & Nightclub
Following the end of the summer season, the main resort pool will close this fall. Nothing will be left untouched as the entire pool deck will receive a complete overhaul to create a new and compelling pool experience. The year-long project will also include the addition of a two-story 18,500 square-foot combination nightclub, lounge and theatrical space which will sit adjacent to the main pool.
“We could not be more excited to begin operating as SAHARA Las Vegas,” said Paul Hobson, senior vice president and general manager of SAHARA Las Vegas. “We have been busy making changes to enhance the guest experience and create a resort that our guests and team members can all enjoy. It feels good to debut our efforts under a name that is beloved by so many.”
These changes and more are encapsulated in a series of renovations to the boutique Strip resort that will continue well into 2020. SAHARA Las Vegas features 1,615 guest rooms, more than 95,000 square feet of flexible meeting space and a collection of entertainment venues, lounges, three distinctive pools, the luxurious Amina Spa and acclaimed restaurants, including the award-winning BAZAAR Meat by José Andrés. To follow the transformation of SAHARA Las Vegas or to book your stay, visit SAHARALasVegas.com.
The improvements at the Plaza continue with a new entertainment offering. The historic downtown Las Vegas hotel and casino recently announced a new upgraded Luxe Room series. Now they’ve announced that longstanding comedy club and entertainment company, The Comedy Works, will bring nationally acclaimed standup comedians to the showroom at the Plaza Hotel & Casino.
The Venetian is always upgrading, expanding, and renovating. We’re going to look at the new pool deck today. Soon we’ll look at the new entertainment venue that’s being built behind the existing casino-resort. For the time being, you can read about The Sphere which should open next year.
There’s no bad time to visit Las Vegas. However, some days may be better than others. Weekends in Las Vegas can be some of the most fun times in Sin City. There are lots of people visiting and just about every venue has an artist – residency or otherwise – performing.
Summer is almost over! Have no fear, it’s always sunny in Las Vegas. The 100+ degree temperatures aren’t going anywhere for a few weeks and there’s one more big weekend to party. Labor Day weekend is one of the busiest of the year. There will be entertainment all over town for the long weekend summer send-off.
Press release: LAS VEGAS (Aug. 23, 2019) – HAPPY PLACE, an interactive, immersive pop-up experience with larger-than-life installations and multi-sensory themed rooms, is now open at its newest location in Las Vegas at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino. On a mission to spread happiness across the world, “the most Instagrammable pop-up in America” (Urban Daddy) has helped people of all ages “find their happy” while exploring multiple vibrant rooms.
HAPPY PLACE was joyfully welcomed to Las Vegas with a grand opening event on Thursday, Aug. 22, which was attended by local celebrities including Adam London, David Goldrake, Hans Klok, Jabbawockeez, Marc Savard and Xavier Mortimer, as well as the casts of Australian Bee Gees, FANTASY, FRIENDS! the Musical Parody, Legends in Concert, Tenors of Rock, Thunder From Down Under, X Burlesque, X Country and X Rocks. With bites and beverages provided by House of Blues, smiles were contagious throughout the night.
HAPPY PLACE features 15,000 square feet of playful spaces and cheerful moments including a Super Bloom room filled with 40,000 handmade gold flowers for the perfect photogenic floral backdrop, an Upside Down room that defies gravity and bends reality, six-foot tall X’s and O’s covered in thousands of mirrored squares and surrounded by red lips, the World’s Largest Indoor Confetti Dome, a Giant Rainbow complete with a Pot of Happiness into which guests can jump, the signature Rubber Ducky Bathtub of Fun, the wildly popular Cookie Room, which is like stepping inside of your favorite chocolate chip cookie complete with the aroma of fresh baked cookies, the just-added life-size Unicorn named Cornelius, plus other photo-friendly fantasy rooms. Turning Sin City into “Grin City,” HAPPY PLACE’s popular backyard is Las Vegas-themed with its own take on the Welcome to Fabulous Las Vegas sign with five-foot HAPPY letters and a 10-foot tall slot machine where guests can slide into a jackpot of coins.
HAPPY PLACE at Mandalay Bay also features its Lemonade Stand, where net proceeds benefit a different local non-profit each month, starting in September, with the Tyler Robinson Foundation. TRF is the nonprofit organization of the GRAMMY Award-winning band Imagine Dragons and is dedicated to supporting children battling childhood cancer. Additional local non-profit partners for future months will be announced soon.
With the perfect background to countless once-in-a-lifetime moments, HAPPY PLACE offers an extraordinary whimsical experience for groups of all sizes and ages, from birthday parties to date night to bachelorette parties. The pop-up has been the site of more than a dozen marriage proposals and prom-posals plus hundreds of first dates and private parties.
General admission tickets start at $30 plus additional fees at HappyPlace.me/tickets. Family or Group Four Packs also will be available at select sessions. Based on sold-out runs in previous cities, HAPPY PLACE advises guests to book in advance. The exhibit is available for private bookings.
HAPPY PLACE FACTS
Las Vegas Address:
● The Shoppes at Mandalay Bay, 3950 Las Vegas Blvd. S., Las Vegas, NV 89119
Las Vegas Hours of Operation
● Monday through Sunday: 10 a.m. – 11 p.m.
Press release: LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL Music & Arts Festival continues to expand and evolve. Now in its seventh year, the festival — which takes over Downtown Las Vegas from September 20-22 with headliners Chance the Rapper, Black Keys, Post Malone, Billie Eilish, and Vampire Weekend — is proud to unveil the full line up for The Kicker, Comedy & More featuring a collection of some of the top comedians and pop culture stars in the industry including headliner Fred Armisen, host of “You Up” Nikki Glaser and SNL hot-shot Chris Redd. Also joining the lineup this year is the winner of the second season of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars, Alaska Thunderfuck, along with live podcast recording of Off The Vine with Kaitlyn Bristowe of Bachelorette nation. Already announced IDEAS acts Jonathan Van Ness and Desus & Mero will also be making guest appearances at The Kicker throughout the weekend.
The 2019 Festival will continue its mission of connecting all aspects of art and entertainment to create an experience unlike any other. The Kicker will feature 15+ comedy and variety show acts and podcasts including live artist-to-artist conversations with Talkhouse Live, the subversive and hilarious variety show Gayme Show! hosted by NYC comedians Dave Mizzoni and Matt Rogers. After the shows close, get ready for The Emo Night Tour, a DJ-driven dance party that will bring back all the songs (and feelings) from your teenage years.
The Kicker is an experience open to all festival goers and is housed on-site at Venue Vegas.
The Kicker’s Comedy Lineup Includes:
• Fred Armisen, is an American actor, comedian, writer, producer and musician best known as a cast member on Saturday Night Live from 2002 until 2013.
• Nikki Glaser, one of the most sought-after young comedians in the comedy world today. Most-recently she created, executive produced and starred in her Comedy Central series Not Safe with Nikki Glaser, which was also Comedy Central’s first series to be introduced and developed across multiple platforms. She’s made multiple memorable appearances including Inside Amy Schumer, The Roast of Rob Lowe, and The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon.
• Chris Redd, just wrapped his second season on SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE hot off of winning an Emmy for the original song COME BACK BARACK. Previously, he starred alongside Kathy Bates in Chuck Lorre’s Netflix series DISJOINTED. He made his big screen debut in the Judd Apatow/Lonely Island film POPSTAR: NEVER STOP NEVER STOPPING, and he reteamed with Apatow for his Netflix series LOVE. His other credits include DETROITERS, WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER, the Netflix feature films A FUTILE & STUPID GESTURE and HANDSOME, and the independent feature film DEEP MURDER. His debut half-hour stand-up special premiered on Comedy Central in 2017, and his debut comedy album BUT HERE WE ARE was released this year.
• Kaitlyn Bristowe, Why not, let’s do it live! Off the Vine is coming to Vegas! Kaitlyn is bringing together everyone’s favorite things …the podcast, dancing, her closest pals, dews, and…wine, of course!
• ALASKA THUNDERFUCK, Crazy little woman in a one-man show. Winner of the fifth season of Logo TV’s RuPaul’s Drag Race in January 2013.
• Christina P, is a stand-up comedian, writer, TV personality and podcast host. She has two Netflix specials, The Degenerates and Christina P: Mother Inferior. The Degenerates was filmed in Las Vegas. Christina discusses the upside of getting older and the Me Too movement. Her one-hour stand-up special, Christina P: Mother Inferior, filmed at the Showbox in Seattle, debuted to rave reviews. Christina discusses the realities of motherhood, marriage and her own childhood.
• Naomi Ekperigin, a comedian and writer with credits including multiple seasons of Broad City, HBO’s Mrs. Fletcher and NBC’s Great News. She’s performed stand-up on Late Night with Seth Myers and HBO’s 2 Dope Queens Special, and is a co-host of the popular live show and podcast Couples Therapy.
• Shane Torres, a Comedy Cellar regular and touring stand-up comedian, writer, host and actor. Shane’s Comedy Central half hour special and album Established 1981 is available now and his Comedy Central digital series Shane Torres Conquers Your Fears premieres this year. He’s appeared performing on Conan, Night Train and The Guest List, and also performed on NBC’s Last Comic Standing.
• Yamaneika Saunders, is a stand-up comedian, writer, and actress known for her work as a panelist on The Meredith Vieira Show and lead roles on Oxygen’s Funny Girls and Comedy Central’s In Security. Yam has appeared on HBO’s Crashing, truTV’s Comedy Knockout and Laff Mobb’s Laff Tracks, TV Land’s The Jim Gaffigan Show, A&E’s Black and White, Comedy Central’s The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore, and This Is Not Happening, Seeso’s What’s Your F@#Cking Deal?!?!, NBC’s Last Comic Standing, and as a recurring correspondent on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. Yamaneika has performed at the Just For Laughs festival in Montreal, The Half Hour on Comedy Central, and recently filmed a half-hour stand-up special for Netflix. Yam currently stars on VH1’s Talk 30 To Me and Bravo’s Kandi Koated Nights. You can listen to her weekly on her hit podcast Rantin’ and Ravin’.
• Gayme Show! with Matt Rogers and Dave Mizzoni, join gay ass hosts Dave Mizzoni and Matt Rogers as they gay up the straights through games and trivia. Ever talk to a straight guy and think, “Jesus Christ you’re boring!” ? Two straight men enter the arena, but only one leaves with the title of Queen of the Straights. Lifelines include a Woman Who Gets It and a Wise Queer. Come witness the ultimate test of who Is honorarily GAY AS FUCK! (and guys, that’s a good thing!)test of who Is honorarily GAY AS FUCK! (and guys, that’s a good thing!)
• Talkhouse (Live), Talkhouse curates musicians, actors, filmmakers, and others in their respective fields to speak one-on-one with their peers via the Talkhouse Podcast and Talkhouse Live events. The Talkhouse Podcast offers listeners a unique insight into the creative work of creators across all genres and generations.
• Josh Gondelman, is a writer and comedian who incubated in Boston before moving to New York City, where he currently lives and works as a writer and producer for Desus and Mero on Showtime. Previously, he spent five years at Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, first as a web producer and then as a staff writer. Onstage, Josh charms audiences using his good-natured storytelling and cracks them up with his sharp, pointy wit. He takes topics from surprise parties to his experience teaching preschool and makes them all equally hilarious. He made his network tv debut on Late Night With Seth Meyers (NBC) and he was most recently seen on The Late Late Show with James Corden.
• Moses Storm, Moses is a talented comedian and actor who can be seen on the upcoming NBC comedy SUNNYSIDE, from Mike Schur and Kal Penn. On television, you may have seen him in I’M DYING UP HERE on Showtime, ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT for Netflix and THIS IS US on NBC. Film credits include the 2015 high-concept Universal horror film UNFRIENDED, and the Adam Sandler Netflix film FATHER OF THE YEAR. In late night, he has appeared twice as a performer on CONAN, including one visit where he was both the performer and only guest for the evening. He hosts Conan O’Brien’s live variety show ‘Team Coco’s Up & Up’ at the Dynasty Typewriter Theater in LA and joined Conan for his first multi city live tour in 8 years in late 2018 titled the “Team Coco Presents Conan & Friends: An Evening of Stand-Up and Investment Tips.” In 2015, he had the prestigious honor of being chosen as a “New Face” at the Just for Laughs comedy festival in Montreal.
• Molly Austin, a writer/performer and stand-up, Molly Austin broke into the comedy zeitgeist with her comedic music videos on TruTV’s Late Night Snacks. In 2018, Molly was one of 14 stand-ups selected for Comedy Central’s UP NEXT at Clusterfest. She can also be seen as one of the stand-up comics on this past season of LAFF MOBB’S LAFF TRACKS and was recently a writer and producer on VICELAND’S evening talk show, VICE LIVE. She recorded her first comedy album this June in New York City.
• Bo Johnson, is a comedian from Seattle, Washington. His stand up appeared on season two of Kevin Hart Presents: Hart of the City on Comedy Central. In 2018 he taped a set for LOL Live! at the prestigious Just For Laughs comedy festival in Montreal. Bo was a featured performer in the 2017 and 2018 Bumbershoot Music & Arts Festival, a finalist in the 39th annual Seattle International Comedy Competition, and a performer in the Double Down Comedy Experience sponsored by Zappos. His prank video “Bo and Mathew Sneak into a Movie Theatre” went viral on Youtube and has also been seen on MTV’s Ridiculousness and NBC’s Caught on Camera with Nick Cannon.
• The Emo Night Tour, imagine going to a show and hearing Taking Back Sunday,Fall Out Boy , Panic! At The Disco, My Chemical Romanceand many more, all only playing their Best Songs…ALL Night Long. Welcome to The Emo Night Tour.The Emo Night DJ’s will be spinning all the angst your teenage dirtbag heart desires all night long and will make you feel like you’re at Warped Tour ‘08 minus all the dust and melting in the sun!
IDEAS Lineup Includes:
• Jonathan Van Ness, an Emmy-nominated television personality, podcaster and celebrity hairstylist who can be seen starring on Netflix’s Emmy Award-winning reboot series Queer Eye. His biweekly podcast, “Getting Curious” was listed as one of the Top Podcasts of 2018 by Time Magazine and recently won the iHeart Radio Award for Best LGBTQ Podcast. This year he embarked on his first worldwide comedy tour, and is set to release his revelatory memoir Over The Top next month.
• Desus & Mero, also known as The Bodega Boys, are former Bronx schoolmates who have taken over the podcast world and more-recently, the late-night television game with their new weekly show on Showtime, the network’s first late-night program. The duo also contributed their voices to the Netflix animated series Neo Yokio alongside Jaden Smith, Susan Sarandon and Jude Law.
• Pod Save America, a critically-acclaimed and widely celebrated podcast combining humor and politics hosted by Crooked Media co-founders and former Obama Administration employees Jon Favreau, Jon Lovett, Tommy Vietor and Dan Pfeiffer.
Labor Day Weekend is almost here! You’re good to go if you’ve already made hotel reservations. This is one of the busiest weekends in Las Vegas so great upgrades might be difficult to come by. The $20 trick might need to be a $50 trick if you’re looking for a nicer room than you’ve booked.
Press release: LAS VEGAS – Las Vegas is the ultimate Labor Day weekend getaway, offering a special experience for all visitors to celebrate the end of summer. The Entertainment Capital of the World will send off the summer in style with electrifying Labor Day Weekend pool parties, special room rates, concerts, comedians and DJ performances, Aug. 30 – Sept. 1.
SIP & SAVOR
Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas
In honor of Labor Day Weekend, Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Las Vegas whips up a variety of food and beverage specials, available Aug. 31 – Sept. 2, including festive specials at Mr. Lucky’s; specialty cocktails at Smash Bar and Center Bar; and two-for-one sangria and Modelo at Pink Taco.
Park MGM Las Vegas
On Sept. 2, guests can savor all the Korean barbeque their hearts desire at Los Angeles restauranteur and culinary icon Roy Choi’s first Las Vegas restaurant, Best Friend at Park MGM. All-You-Can-Eat Mondays include all-you-can-eat Korean barbeque for $65 per person, in addition to half off sake and champagne magnums.
Paris Las Vegas
Soleil Pool at Paris Las Vegas is now offering poolside picnic baskets for guests to snack and sip under the iconic Eiffel Tower replica. Guests can choose from three packages: Kettle One Botanical, Truly Bucket or Lovers Package, which range from $45 to $300. Each package includes a cheese and cracker board, as well as a cocktail option. Picnic baskets are available from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily and can be purchased at the bar or through a cocktail server at the Soleil Pool.
Celebrate Labor Day at TREVI Italian Restaurant, located inside the Forum Shops at Caesars Palace, with an extended happy hour from 2 p.m. – 7 p.m. Happy hour discounts include half-priced mixed drinks, beer and wine by the glass, as well as $6 select small bites.
The Palazzo Las Vegas
Join the holiday weekend festivities and sip in style at Rosina at The Palazzo with the chic cocktail lounge’s “secret” celebration cocktails menu ─ a selection of cocktails created by Barman Sam Ross for those “in the know.” The menu includes five choices that each add a bit of revelry to the classic Champagne cocktail.
MAKE A SPLASH
Wet Republic at MGM Grand
Soaking up the sun poolside or splashing to the sounds of world-famous DJs, Wet Republic offers endless daytime options for guests. Throughout the weekend, partygoers can revel in upbeat music by Zedd (Aug. 30) and Martin Garrix (Aug. 31) at the daytime hotspot.
Encore Beach Club at Wynn Las Vegas
Encore Beach Club at Wynn Las Vegas will also thrill beach bums with sounds by DJ Snake (Aug. 30), The Chainsmokers (Aug. 31) and Major Lazer (Sept. 1). For those who want to keep the pool party going, Encore Beach Club hosts Night Swim with Flosstradamus (Aug. 30) and Alan Walker (Aug. 31).
Kaos Dayclub & Nightclub at Palms Casino Resort
The latest dayclub to hit the Strip will feature next-level entertainment with a crowd-drawing lineup of headliners including David Clutch (Aug. 30) and Marshmello (Sept. 1).
Country DJ, Dee Jay Silver will take over the Breathe Pool Lounge (Aug. 31) at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino. Breathe Pool Lounge is an exclusive, yet sophisticated atmosphere comprised of two secluded pool areas. The pool is perched above Nirvana Pool, overlooking a sweeping vista of the Las Vegas Strip.
Drai’s Beachclub at The Cromwell Las Vegas
Drai’s Beachclub at The Cromwell Las Vegas provides views and high-energy performances that will make this Labor Day one to remember with Brooke Evers (Aug. 30), Rae Sremmurd and Atrak (Aug. 31), and DJ Pauly D (Sept. 1).
Labor Day Luau at Wet’n’Wild Las Vegas
Wet ‘n’ Wild Las Vegas will host a Labor Day Luau on Sept. 2 from 10:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. Guests will enjoy delicious food catered by Aloha Kitchen, live performances by four Hawaiian dance troops and two singers, plus the water park’s 25 slides or other water features including the Red Rock Bay wave pool and the Colorado Cooler lazy river.
FROM DUSK TIL DAWN
Hakkasan Las Vegas at MGM Grand
Hakkasan Las Vegas at MGM Grand will keep the party going by welcoming Lil Jon (Aug. 29), Steve Aoki (Aug.30), and Tiesto with Dzeko (Aug. 31).
OMNIA Nightclub at Caesars Palace
Throughout the holiday weekend, OMNIA Nightclub at Caesars Palace will be home to Mikey Francis, (Aug. 29), Martin Garrix (Aug. 30) and Zedd (Aug. 31).
Marquee Nightclub at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
Take the party to the next level at Marquee Nightclub at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas with DJ sets by Brody Jenner and Devin Lucien (Aug. 30), plus residency performances by Travis Scott (Aug. 31) and Chris Lake (Sept. 1).
KAOS Dayclub & Nightclub at Palms Casino Resort
When the sun goes down, Las Vegas’ newest multi-sensory experience, KAOS Dayclub & Nightclub, continues to heat up with a can’t-miss performance by Cardi B as she returns for her residency on Aug. 29.
JEWEL Nightclub at ARIA Resort & Casino
At JEWEL, find Playboi Carti (Aug. 30) and Tyga (Aug. 31), plus Steve Aoki (Sept. 2) for a Labor Day Weekend edition of the nightclub’s industry night, Flawless Mondays.
Tao Las Vegas at The Venetian Las Vegas
Tao Las Vegas at The Venetian Las Vegas will welcome DJ Ruckus (Aug. 29), Eric Dlux (Aug. 30) and A Boogie wit Da Hoodie (Aug. 31) this Labor Day Weekend.
TAKE THE STAGE
British rock ‘n’ roll icons Def Leppard will take the stage at Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood Resort & Casino for their “Def Leppard Hits Vegas: The Sin City Residency” on Aug. 29, 31 and Sept. 1.
Lady Antebellum will return to Las Vegas for the final run of their critically acclaimed residency, “Lady Antebellum: Our Kind of Vegas” at The Pearl Theater at Palms Casino Resort on Aug. 28, 30 and 31.
Audiences will be rocked at Park Theater at Park MGM when Cher takes the stage for her “CLASSIC CHER” residency show on Aug. 28, 31, and Sept. 1.
Music fans of all ages are invited to rock out Downtown at Fremont Street Experience under the iconic Viva Vision on Aug. 30 during an unprecedented debut performance by American rock band, The Wallflowers. On Sept. 1, partygoers can continue celebrating the last weekend of the summer as I Love the 90’s featuring Vanilla Ice, Montell Jordan, All-4-One, Tone Loc and Coolio take over the six-block entertainment district to deliver unforgettable, full-length performances on 3rd Street Stage.
LAUGH OUT LOUD
Ali Wong brings her hilarious “Milk & Money” tour to Wynn Las Vegas for a two-night engagement on Aug. 31 and Sept. 1.
The Mirage will keep the laughs coming with sidesplitting stand-up by comedian and actor George Lopez on Aug. 30 and 31, as well as Claudia Oshry, the Instagram sensation and creator of @girlwithnojob, on Sept. 1 during a stop on her “Claudia Oshry: The Dirty Jeans Tour.”
Jimmy Kimmel’s Comedy Club at The LINQ Promenade will provide plenty of chances to laugh this holiday weekend with multiple acts nightly by Preacher Lawson Aug. 29 through Sept.1, in addition to a special show by actress, comedian and entertainment industry veteran, Luenell, on Sept. 1 at 10 p.m., following Preacher Lawson’s 8 p.m. show, as part of her limited eight-show engagement.