One thing I’ve noticed since I moved to Las Vegas is that my raging on the strip is kept to a minimum and it makes sense. The strip is there every day and while I pop in almost daily I haven’t had much to drink or gambled much. That changed last weekend when my friends from back east were in town for what used to be my annual year end trip.
I first took this trip almost 10 years ago when I learned that rooms are only at about 25% capacity the week before Christmas. That meant cheap rooms, flights, easy dinner reservations and anything else I wanted. I still recommend this weekend to any traveler.
I slept little and the waking moments are still very fuzzy this weekend. Still, I had a great time. I’m piecing together notes (you’ll see doubles) and will slowly share everything either here or on Vegas Chatter.
- Planet Hollywood – Great views, bad AT&T data, horrible housekeeping, pleasure pit, creepy dudes taking pictures, diamond lounge, assassins, Blondies will always rule,
- Caesars – Dinner @ Rao, Worst Blackjack EVER.
- Aria – CSM should die.
- Sports betting – Bad with a side of dreadful
- Cosmopolitan – Tall, skinny, pretty. Small sportsbook. Holsteins amazing. Lotsa cool. Lotsa people to hate w/o knowing (hipsters, douchebags).
- Hard Rock Casino – Great Blackjack, roomy and empty.
- Palazzo/Venetian – Love Palazzo, not Venetian. CUT really good, but too much rub. Legasse fun as always, lots of drink tickets. Taqueria Canonita @ Venetian ok.
- Gambling – The better looking the BJ dealer, the better I did. My magic machine was mediocre. I’d play Caesars Pussy Cat Lounge rules before CSM @ Aria. Sports betting was dreadful in the end.
- Strip Walking – So many people walking, nobody going inside the casinos!
- Sleep – Who needs it?!
Latest posts by Marc (see all)
- Triple Win 20 “Blackjack” Set To Debut In Deadwood, SD - April 23, 2018
- New owner at SLS Las Vegas - April 20, 2018
- You Best Bet Station Casinos Loves The Vegas Golden Knights - April 20, 2018